Thursday, April 23, 2009

Missing: Natalee Holloway

last Sunday, my family and I watched the movie "Natalee Holloway", presented by LMN. It was about the story of young american girl (Natalee Holloway), who vanished on May 30, 2005 during a high scool graduation to Aruba. According to the advertisment all parents should watch the film.Very true.I was totaly moved by the tragedy of Natalee and the grief of her parents.How shouldn't I? I have a teenager daughter, too.It could happen to anybody at anytime.

Natalee was last seen leaving a bar with Joran Van der Sloot,a Dutch teenager. He was arrested ,but released pretty soon,because there was not enough evidence to keep him in jail.The main suspect of the case turned to be a pathological liar. Van der Sloot's testimonials varied from leaving the victim helpless on the beach to dumping her in the pond.Still,maybe he is the only one, who knows the truth...
Almost a week after I have seen the movie I can't prevent thinking of this tragedy,that caused the loss of a young life,full of promises for the future. I have such sympathetic feelings for the parents who are totaly devastated but tireless in their efforts to find out the truth and fight for justice.This very touching story has been watched by an average of 3.2 million viewers and I hope it would enhance people's awarness of such dangers

No comments:

Post a Comment